The Connected Communities program is a Bendigo Bank initiative that aims to assist in providing grants for projects that will enhance the prosperity of a broad range of local not for profit community organisations who can clearly demonstrate the social benefits of their project for their own members and/or the broader Albury Wodonga Community.
How it works
Ongoing funding for Albury Wodonga Connected Communities Ltd (AWCC) is provided by Bendigo Bank as commissions paid on selected accounts of customers who have elected to support the AWCC.
These commissions are paid as part of the Bendigo Bank’s community engagement budget and are made at no cost to the customer.
Applicants must be a community group or not-for-profit organisation within Albury, Wodonga, or surrounding areas.
Grant applications must fit into one of the following grant categories:
- arts and culture
- community events
- health and wellbeing
- community services
Dependent upon the location of your organisation, your application may be referred to another Connected Community or Bendigo Community Bank.
Applicants must hold an ABN.
Applicants must hold an appropriate public liability insurance policy.
The following types of organisations are considered ineligible for funding.
- If profits do not go to a community group or a non-for-profit organisations.
- Activities which promote discrimination, violence, anti-social behavior, political or religious views.
- Projects not considered to benefit the communities of Albury, Wodonga, or surrounding areas, as determined by the AWCC Board.
- Organisations who receive direct income from electronic gaming machines.
- Requests to cover the cost of wages or salaries.
- Applications from Federal and State Government bodies or institutions.
- Applications from individuals.
- Organisations who have received funding from AWCC in the past 12 months.
- Grant applications received after the closing period
How to Apply
To apply for a Community based grant, please download and complete the application form below and email a signed copy, along with any supporting documentation to -Secretary, Albury Wodonga Connected Communities Ltd.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
LEVEL OF FUNDING – 2021
In 2021, AWCC has 17 grants available, totaling a whopping $80,000 to help community organisations across Albury, Wodonga, and surrounding areas:
10 x Bronze $2,000
4 x Silver $5,000
2 x Gold $10,000
1 x Platinum $20,000
GRANT APPLICATION PROCEDURE
- Grant applications are open twice yearly (April to May and October to November)
- Organisations are limited to one Grant Application in each financial year.
- Grant Applications will be referred to the grants sub-committee who will assess whether the application meets the eligibility criteria. The sub-committee reserves the right to request additional information from the applicant.
- Decisions by the Board regarding a Grant Applications are final, and correspondence will not be entered into.
- Applications will be decided within 30 days of the closing date and all applicants will be advised of the outcome.
- Applications for Gold or Platinum Grants must be submitted with a detailed project plan and will be assessed and approved by AWCC’s full Board of Directors.
- Prior to receiving payment, the successful grant recipient must, within 45 days:
• Provide a Tax Invoice
• Invite an AWCC board member to attend your next meeting to discuss the grant
• Share details of your successful grant on social media, tagging AWCC’s Facebook page. AWCC will tag the successful recipient in return on our Facebook page
• Open a Bendigo Bank account if an account is not already held to receive funds. AWCC’s intention is to provide each Organisation’s funding within 60 days.
• Failure to adhere to the above four points will see the grant approval withdrawn
- Successful grant applicants must provide AWCC with a written report detailing the outcome of your project and the activities which promoted AWCC.